Philosophy of Ministry
First Baptist Matthews Weekday Preschool seeks to help children experience feelings of love, acceptance, respect of self, and respect of others in a safe and loving environment. Our preschool program is designed to address the needs of the total child. The preschool years lay the foundation that will provide children the knowledge they need as they continue to grow. Our preschool teachers use various types of activities that help the children develop emotionally, mentally, physically, socially and spiritually. Every child is encouraged to develop a creative and inquiring mind through active play and classroom learning.
FBCM Weekday Preschool Hours
Monday-Thursday 9:00-1:00, Friday T-K only 9:00-12:00
The Weekday Preschool door is opened by the Director each morning at 9:00. Parents walk their child to the classroom door for drop-off. Afternoon carlines are used for the 3’s, 4’s, and T-K classes, while parents of 1’s and 2’s walk in the preschool building to pick up their child from their classroom.
Registration and Tuition Information
- In-house registration for the 2019-2020 Preschool year will begin Monday, January 7, 2019 for all current Preschool families, church members, and alumni.
- Public registration will begin Monday, February 4, 2019.
- A completed Registration Form and a non-refundable registration fee payment of $100.00 are due to the Preschool Director in order to secure your child's placement.
- New families are required to schedule an appointment for a tour of the Preschool.
Monthly Tuition 2019-2020
- 1 day a week (1's & 2's) = $135
- 2 days a week (1's, 2's, & 3's) = $200
- 3 days a week (1's, 2's, 3's, & 4's) = $235
- 4 days a week (2's, 3's, 4's, & T-K)= $260
- 5 days a week (T-K only) = $275
FBCM preschool teachers work from a flexible program which consistently presents new and challenging ideas and activities for the children. Teachers use the WEE LEARN curriculum as a foundation to create innovative and fun daily activities. Teachers enhance the curriculum with weekly themes that allow the children to experience and appreciate God’s created world around them. Bible stories and verses are taught weekly. In addition, children attend Library and Music classes. The 3’s, 4’s, and T-K classes also engage in an age-appropriate handwriting curriculum within their weekly units. Our goals are always to prepare your child for the next year of school.
Contact Jeana Stewart, Preschool Director at 704-849-0580 or use the form below.