Becoming a Stephen Minister
“The Best 50 Hours of Training You'll Ever Experience!”
Here’s why Stephen Ministers frequently say that about their training:
• Stephen Minister training teaches principles and skills that equip you to provide high-quality, Christ-centered emotional and spiritual care to others.
• You gain insight into the thoughts, feelings, and actions of people who are hurting.
• You develop relational and caring skills you can apply to all aspects of your life.
• You deepen your faith as the Holy Spirit fashions you into a Christ-centered caregiver.
• You feel a special bond with those in your class—experiencing real Christian community.
• Stephen Minister training is a lot of fun!
How and Where the Training Happens
Stephen Minister training:
• takes place in your congregation
• is led by your congregation’s Stephen Leaders
• is typically taught in 20 weekly sessions
• combines pre-class reading, lecture, video presentation, discussion, and skill practice
What the Training Covers
Initial training takes place before Stephen Ministers are commissioned and assigned to their first care receivers. Continuing education takes place during the months after commissioning.
For those interested in learning more about becoming a Stephen Minister, contact Pastor Ron Gregory through the church office at 704-847-9150.
For more information contact:
Peggy Wheeler at email@example.com or 704-231-9004